Fresh Pasta with Onion and Pork
- 1 1/4 pounds pork loin sirloin chops or pork shoulder blade steaks
- 2 teaspoons
each ground cumin and chili powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion
(10 ounces), cut into narrow wedges
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) Italian recipe stewed
- 1 package (9 ounces) fresh linguini pasta
- Grated Parmesan and fresh
or dried minced herbs
- Trim off fat from the chops or blade steaks. Trim the meat from bones, and cut
into small cubes. Dust pork with cumin and oregano.
- Heat oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions and pork and sauté until
cooked through, about 8 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and heat.
- Cook linguine in boiling water about 2 minutes or as package directs.
- Drain and serve with pork-onion sauce on top.
- Sprinkle with cheese and herbs.
Makes 4 servings.
Reprinted with permission from
the National Onion Association.