Fresh Tomato, Beef and Bow Tie Pasta
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 cups chopped fresh
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked bow
- 2 tablespoons sliced fresh basil
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large nonstick skillet, brown ground beef and garlic over medium heat 8-10
minutes or until beef is no longer pink, breaking beef up into 3/4-inch crumbles.
Pour off drippings.
- Stir in tomatoes, salt and pepper. Cook over medium heat 5 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions.
- Toss beef mixture and basil with pasta. Sprinkle with cheese.
Serves 4 | Prep Time 5 minutes | Cook Time 20 minutes
* One can (28 ounces) whole peeled plum tomatoes, drained and chopped, may be
substituted for the fresh tomatoes.
Bow tie pasta is also called farfalle.
Recipe and photo credit:
the Texas Beef Council.