Fresh Tomato, Beef and Bow Tie Pasta
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 cups chopped fresh
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked bow
- 2 tablespoons sliced fresh basil
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large nonstick skillet, brown ground beef and garlic over medium heat 8-10
minutes or until beef is no longer pink, breaking beef up into 3/4-inch crumbles.
Pour off drippings.
- Stir in tomatoes, salt and pepper. Cook over medium heat 5 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions.
- Toss beef mixture and basil with pasta. Sprinkle with cheese.
Serves 4 | Prep Time 5 minutes | Cook Time 20 minutes
* One can (28 ounces) whole peeled plum tomatoes, drained and chopped, may be
substituted for the fresh tomatoes.
Bow tie pasta is also called farfalle.
Reprinted with permission from
the Texas Beef Council.