Pasta and Pasta Sauce Recipes
Garlic Shrimp Pasta
- 1 pound vermicelli pasta (or desired pasta)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling water with vegetable oil until al dente.
- Meanwhile, place the shrimp in boiling salted water for 3 to 5 minutes, just until they turn pink. Cooking time will depend on the size of the shrimp.
- Remove the tails, and place in a bowl of warm water.
- In a microwave safe bowl, mix butter and minced garlic. Microwave on HIGH for 45 seconds, or until melted. Stir.
- Drain pasta, and transfer to a serving dish. Toss with garlic butter and shrimp.
- Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese.
- Serve warm.