- 6 ounces spaghetti, uncooked
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 1 cup sliced zucchini
- 1/4 cup sliced onion
- 1 small sweet yellow pepper, cut into julienne strips
- 1/2 cup sliced cucumber
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small tomato, cut into 8 wedges
- 2 tablespoons dry vermouth
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons grated Wisconsin Asiago or Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon sweet red pepper flakes
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain and
- Coat a large non-stick skillet with cooking spray; place over medium heat until
hot. Add broccoli and next 3 ingredients; sauté for 4 minutes.
- Add pepper strips, cucumber and mushrooms; sauté 4 minutes.
- Add pasta, tomato and vermouth; toss gently. Cook until thoroughly heated.
- Sprinkle with freshly grated Wisconsin Asiago or Parmesan cheese, or a blend
of both varieties, plus parsley and pepper flakes; toss gently.
- Serve immediately.
Recipe and photo credit:
Dairy Farmers of Wisconsin.