Greek Skillet Florentine
Add macaroni, spinach and feta cheese to your choice of ground beef or lamb to make this delicious one-dish meal.
- 1 (8 ounce) package (about 2 cups) elbow macaroni
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef or lamb
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 medium clove garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano or 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves, crushed
- 1 can (1 1/2 cups) condensed tomato sauce
- Pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) Wisconsin Feta Cheese, crumbled
- Prepare elbow macaroni according to package directions; drain.
- In 10-inch skillet over medium heat, saute beef, onion, garlic and oregano until beef is browned and onion is tender.
- Stir in macaroni and remaining ingredients. Heat through, stirring occasionally.
Yield: 4 servings
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
Dairy Farmers of Wisconsin