- 2 1/2 cups tightly packed torn spinach leaves
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- In covered pan cook spinach in water until tender (it cooks down to about 1/2 cup); cool. Place steel blade in work bowl of food processor; add undrained spinach, eggs, and salt. Process until smooth. Add flour; process until ball forms.
- On floured surface, roll half the dough at a time into an 18 x 15-inch rectangle. Let stand for 20 minutes.
- Roll up loosely. Slice 1/4 inch wide; unroll. Cut into desired lengths. Spread out on racks; dry 2 hours.
- Cook, uncovered, in boiling salted water or soup for 10 to 12 minutes.
- If not cooked immediately, store, covered, in the refrigerator.
Yield: 7 cups or 1 pound