Grilled Sausage and Pesto Pasta
Use the hot grill to grill garlic bread or heat focaccia to accompany this easy
and hearty summer dish. Toss fresh garden tomato wedges lightly with a vinaigrette
to serve alongside. Grill fresh peaches over dying coals, brush with butter and
brown sugar and serve on top of vanilla ice cream.
- 12 ounces Italian sausage links
- 8 ounces farfalle pasta OR other small pasta
shape, cooked and drained, kept warm
- 1/2 cup basil pesto, purchased or homemade
- 1/2 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 ounces Parmesan cheese, grated
- Prepare medium-hot fire in grill; grill sausage directly over fire, turning to
cook and brown evenly, about 10-12 minutes, until internal temperature on a thermometer
reads 160 degrees F.
- Remove from fire and set aside.
- In large shallow bowl, toss farfalle and pesto; toss to coat evenly.
- Slice sausage into rounds and add along with diced red pepper and cheese.
- Garnish with chopped fresh basil.
Prep Time 5 minutes | Cook Time 15 minutes |
Nutritional Information: Calories: 720 calories Protein: 30 grams Fat: 46
grams Sodium: 1080 milligrams Cholesterol: 90 milligrams Saturated Fat: 16 grams
Carbohydrates: 46 grams
Reprinted with permission from
the National Pork Board - porkbeinspired.com.