Gruyere Bacon Mac and Cheese
Gruyere and Parmesan cheeses and aged bacon make this one of the best mac and cheese dishes you will ever serve.
- 8 ounces elbow macaroni
- 6 slices Jones Dairy Farm Dry Aged Bacon, diced
- 2 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1 1/4 cups shredded gruyere cheese
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- In large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package method; drain well and set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add bacon and cook until brown and crispy, about 6-8 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
- In a medium saucepan, combine heavy cream, garlic and thyme over medium heat. Bring to a slight boil and reduce by half, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Stir in cheeses, a handful at a time, until smooth, about 1 to 2 minutes; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Stir in pasta and bacon until well combined.
- Serve immediately, garnished with bacon, if desired.
Prep: 10 min | Yield: 4 servings
Recipe and photo used with permission from: Jones Dairy Farm