Harvest Bruschetta Pasta
This pasta dish makes a great "celebration of the harvest" when the fresh tomatoes
and peppers finally come in.
- 9 tomatoes
- 1/4 cup canola oil 60 mL
- 3 cloves crushed garlic
- 1 chopped
green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion 125 mL
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped basil
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped oregano 60 mL
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped parsley 60
- 1 teaspoon salt 5 mL
- 1 pound penne noodles 500g
- 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Slice tomatoes in half, squeeze out all the juice and seeds. Chop tomatoes and
place in large bowl.
- Stir in canola oil and garlic.
- Add green bell pepper, onion, basil,
oregano and parsley to tomato mixture.
- In a pot add 1 teaspoon (5 mL) salt to pasta water. Cook pasta, drain and turn
into tomato mixture.
- Add cheese and toss until evenly distributed. Season with salt
and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately.
Yield: 6 servings
Nutritional Analysis Per Serving: Calories 495 Total Fat 15 g Saturated Fat 3
g Cholesterol 10 mg Carbohydrates 74 g Fiber 7 g Protein 18 g Sodium 500 mg
Reprinted with permission from