Homemade Noodles with Poppy Seeds
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 to 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 1 tablespoon oil
- In large bowl, beat eggs with salt.
- Beat in 1 cup flour. Continue adding small
amount of flour. When no longer able to mix in flour, turn dough onto floured surface
and knead in additional flour until dough is smooth and no longer sticky, about
- Cover dough with a bowl and let rest for 1 hour.
- Divide dough into fourths. With rolling pin, roll one portion into a rectangle
1/8 inch thick. Dust with flour and tightly roll up jellyroll fashion. With sharp
knife, cut into 1/8-inch slices. Uncurl slices and set aside. Repeat process with
- In small saucepan, melt butter and sauté onions until soft.
- Add poppy seeds.
Stir and set aside.
- Add oil to large pot of boiling water. Cook noodles until tender.
- Drain and toss
with poppy seed mixture.
Variation: Substitute any herb for poppy seeds.