Jalapeño Jack and Sausage Pasta Bake
- 12 ounces penne, mostaccioli or rotini pasta, uncooked
- 1/2 cup (1/2 stick) butter, divided
- 1 pound uncooked chorizo, broken apart
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups (12 ounces) Wisconsin jalapeño monterey
- Jack cheese, shredded, divided
- 1/2 cup dried breadcrumbs
- Paprika (optional)
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, set aside 2 tablespoons of butter for topping.
- Melt remaining 6 tablespoons butter in large saucepan. Add chorizo, bell pepper
and garlic; cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Sprinkle vegetables with flour; cook and stir 1 minute.
- Add milk and salt; bring to simmer. Simmer uncovered for 2 minutes, stirring
- Remove from heat; stir in 2 cups of the cheese; stir until melted.
- Place pasta in large pot. Add cheese sauce; mix well. Transfer to buttered 13
x 9-inch baking dish; top with remaining 1 cup cheese.
- Melt reserved 2 tablespoons butter; toss with breadcrumbs. Spoon bread crumbs
over pasta and sprinkle with paprika, if desired.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until sauce is bubbly and breadcrumbs are golden
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Dairy Farmers of Wisconsin
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Pasta Recipes