- 1/2 cup green bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 15 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomatoes with juice
- 1 cup water
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms, drained
- 1 1/2 cups Granburger*
- 8 ounces medium noodles
- 8 ounces cheese, grated
* Granburger is a meat substitute (like ground beef) which comes in a quart container (like milk comes in). It can be found at Seventh Day Adventist food stores or health food stores. You may substitute 1 pound ground beef for Granburger.
- Coat saucepan with oil. Add bell pepper, onion and celery. Cover. Cook about 10 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients except noodles and cheese. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook noodles and add to other ingredients. Put into a casserole and top with grated cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes.