Jumbo Pasta Shells with Cheese Filling
- 2 pounds ricotta cheese
- 1/2 pound mozzarella cheese, diced
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Nutmeg, to taste
- 4 cups spaghetti sauce
- Jumbo pasta shells
- Mix ricotta, mozzarella, eggs, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese and chopped parsley. Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg. Mix until well blended. Set aside.
- Parboil the shells in 5 quarts of salted, boiling water, stirring occasionally. Drain at once in colander. Fill parboiled shells immediately with filling mixture.
- Cover bottom of baking dish with spaghetti sauce. Arrange filled shells side by side in a single layer in baking dish.
- Pour remaining sauce over the filled shells and bake at 350 degrees F for about 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Serve piping hot.