Lemon Cream Ravioli
- 1 pound fresh asparagus
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 package frozen cheese ravioli
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 6 ounces cooked ham, cubed
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 large lemon
- Prepare asparagus: Break off or cut tough ends from asparagus stalks; discard
ends. Wash thoroughly under cold running water. Remove skin and scales from lower
end of stalks. Cut asparagus into 1 1/2-inch pieces.
- Cook Pasta and asparagus: In a 6-quart sauce pan, bring 4 quarts of water, salt
and vegetable oil to a rolling boil. Add frozen ravioli; stir to separate pieces.
Cover pan until water returns to boiling. Uncover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add asparagus to pan of boiling water. Cook 3 minutes or until asparagus is crisp-tender
and pasta is al dente. Drain pasta and asparagus in a large colander that has been
placed in the sink.
- While pasta and asparagus are cooking, prepare sauce.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Stir in cream and grated lemon
zest and cook 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add parmesan cheese, cooked ham and
black pepper. cook until thoroughly heated.
- Transfer pasta and asparagus back to the large saucepan. pour lemon cream sauce
over pasta mixture and toss well to coat thoroughly. Transfer to a serving dish.
- Garnish with julienne lemon zest and serve immediately.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.