Lemon Cream Ravioli
- 1 pound fresh asparagus
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 package frozen cheese ravioli
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 6 ounces cooked ham, cubed
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 large lemon
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Prepare asparagus: Break off or cut tough ends from asparagus stalks; discard
ends. Wash thoroughly under cold running water. Remove skin and scales from lower
end of stalks. Cut asparagus into 1 1/2-inch pieces.
- Cook Pasta and asparagus: In a 6-quart sauce pan, bring 4 quarts of water, salt
and vegetable oil to a rolling boil. Add frozen ravioli; stir to separate pieces.
Cover pan until water returns to boiling. Uncover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add asparagus to pan of boiling water. Cook 3 minutes or until asparagus is crisp-tender
and pasta is al dente. Drain pasta and asparagus in a large colander that has been
placed in the sink.
- While pasta and asparagus are cooking, prepare sauce.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Stir in cream and grated lemon
zest and cook 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add parmesan cheese, cooked ham and
black pepper. cook until thoroughly heated.
- Transfer pasta and asparagus back to the large saucepan. pour lemon cream sauce
over pasta mixture and toss well to coat thoroughly. Transfer to a serving dish.
- Garnish with julienne lemon zest and serve immediately.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Pasta Recipes