Linguine with Oysters
- 1/4 cup butter
- 5 shallots, minced
- 1 clove garlic, lightly crushed
pint small fresh oysters, drained
- 3 scallions, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh
- 1/2 pound linguine, cooked al dente
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add shallots and garlic and
sauté until garlic is golden.
- Discard garlic. Continue cooking until shallots are
soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add oysters and liquid, scallions and parsley. Reduce heat and simmer until oysters
are heated through, but still slightly soft, about 3 minutes.
- Add pasta and toss to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve
Serves 2 as a main course or 4 as a first course.