Linguine with Red Clam Sauce
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 (11 ounce) package fresh linguine
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed Italian tomatoes in puree
- 1/2 cup clam juice
- 1 pound littleneck clams, scrubbed
- Prepare pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, heat olive oil and butter over medium heat. Add
the garlic and simmer for 3 minutes or just until the garlic begins to color. Take
care not to burn the garlic.
- Add basil, salt, tomatoes and clam juice. Lower heat
and simmer for about 8 minutes.
- Add clams; cover and simmer for about 3 minutes or until clams open.
- Ladle sauce and clams over drained pasta.
Yields 4 servings.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Pasta Recipes