Manicotti and Shells
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 15 ounces ricotta cheese
- 1/4 to 1/2 pound mozzarella cheese, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 lightly beaten egg
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Garlic to taste
- Shells: Combine all ingredients. Put 1 to 2 tablespoons at a time (to cover bottom of skillet) in a small lightly oiled skillet over low heat until set.
- Manicotti: Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine all ingredients, blending and mixing well together.
- Fill shells using a teaspoon.
- Pour a little sauce in bottom of pan and arrange filled shells in a single layer. Add sauce to cover shells.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes.
- After 40 minutes, sprinkle top generously with Parmesan cheese, and bake an additional 5 to 10 minutes.
Yield: 18 shells...(like crepes).
From the kitchen of Barbara Louise - Albuquerque, New Mexico