- 8 manicotti shells
- 1 1/2 cups low-fat cottage cheese
- 1 cup cooked chicken
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup sliced or chopped ripe olives
- 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups salsa
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup shredded Monterey jack cheese
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cook and drain manicotti according to package directions.
- In a large bowl, combine cottage cheese, chicken, onions, olives, red pepper,
cilantro and garlic. Mix well.
- Fill manicotti with mixture and place in a lightly
greased 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- Combine salsa with tomato sauce, mixing well. Spoon over manicotti.
- Cover tightly and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove cover and continue baking for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheese, if desired and bake 3 minutes longer until cheese melts.
- Serve immediately.
Yield: 4 servings
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.