- 1/2 pound lean ground beef
- 1 cup refried beans
- 1 teaspoon Mexican oregano, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 8 manicotti shells
- 1 1/4 cup water
- 1 (8 ounce) can picante or taco sauce
- 8 ounces dairy sour cream
- 1/4 cup finely chopped scallion
- 1/4 cup sliced, pitted ripe olives
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Combine ground beef, refried beans, oregano and cumin; mix well.
- Fill UNCOOKED
manicotti shells with meat mixture. Arrange in a 10 x 6 x 2-inch baking dish.
- Combine water and picante sauce or taco sauce; pour over manicotti shells.
Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for at least one hour until pasta is tender.
- Combine sour cream, scallion and olives. Spoon down the center of the casserole;
top with cheese.
- Bake for about 10 minutes or until the cheese melts.
- Microwave instructions: After pouring water and sauce over shells, cover with
vented plastic wrap.
- Cook on HIGH for 10 minutes, half-turning the dish once. Using
tongs, turn shells over.
- Cook, covered, on MEDIUM for 17 to 19 minutes or until
pasta is tender, giving dish a half-turn once.
- Combine sour cream, scallion and olives. Spoon down center of casserole; top
- Cook, uncovered, on HIGH for 2 to 3 minutes or until cheese melts.
Makes 4 servings.