- 16 ounces pasta (or less, to suit your needs)
- Water to cover
- Salt to taste
- Put pasta in a 2- or 3-quart microwave-safe container, breaking long pasta to
fit if necessary. Cover with water by at least 1 inch. Add salt.
- Cover bowl, and
microwave on HIGH for 10 minutes, stirring halfway through cooking.
- Drain the pasta and use immediately.
- If pasta must sit before using, toss it with a small amount of cooking oil or
butter to prevent sticking.
- If you are making pasta salad, rinse pasta with cool
water, then add vegetables and dressing.
Makes 4 servings.