Million-Dollar Macaroni Casserole
The whole family will love this easy, cozy make-ahead pasta casserole.
- 1 pound ground beef or bulk sausage
- 1 (28 ounce) can spaghetti sauce
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 pound cottage cheese
- 1 stick butter
- 1 pound pasta such as elbow noodles or rotini
- 1 bag pizza blend shredded cheese
- Optional: sliced mushrooms, diced bell pepper, diced onion
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Boil the noodles. Mix together the cream cheese, sour cream and cottage cheese in a mixer to thoroughly mixed together. Set aside.
- If you have chosen to use the bell pepper or onion, saute them for 3 minutes then toss in the ground beef or sausage. Brown ground beef or sausage and drain well. Add spaghetti sauce and mix together. Put a few slices of butter in the bottom of a 9 x 13-inch casserole dish. Then layer half of the noodles in the bottom of the dish. Spread the cheese mixture over this layer. Then add the remaining noodles on top of this with a few pats of butter.
- Spread the red sauce and meat on top.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven, spread cheese on top, and return to oven for another 15 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
Ground chicken or turkey may also be used in this recipe.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.