Mom's Baked Macaroni and Cheese
My husband adores macaroni and cheese and a friend of his gave him this recipe.
I've only made it once since it is literally a heart attack on a plate! Here
is the recipe exactly as his friend gave it to him (all the notes are hers).
- 1 (8 ounce) box macaroni
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 2 pounds shredded cheese (see note)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Boil macaroni as per instructions on box (I use least cooking time-do not overcook).
- Add butter, sour cream and beaten eggs (always add eggs after sour cream
they don't cook). Salt and pepper to taste, if desired.
- Add approximately 2/3 of the cheese to macaroni mixture.
- Pour into greased 9 x 13-inch baking dish. Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 20 to 30 minutes, or until cheese browns (I like to
cover with foil for the first 20 minutes, then remove until cheese browns).
You can use any cheese that you like. I like to use sharp Cheddar, longhorn
Colby, and mild or medium Cheddar to get a stronger taste. My mom likes to use Colby,
Cheddar and a small amount of mozzarella.
Posted by kccaid at Recipe Goldmine April 2001.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.