Mule Driver's Spaghetti
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 scallions, white and green parts minced separately
- 4 serrano chiles, seeded and minced
- 1 ancho chile, seeded and minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Mexican oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, minced
- 2 tablespoons parsley, minced
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup asadero cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup panela cheese, grated
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- In a saucepan over low heat, add olive oil and butter, then saute garlic, white
part of the scallions and the serrano chiles until the garlic is soft but not browned.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add the ancho chile oregano, thyme, salt, pepper
and sun-dried tomatoes. Let the contents of the pan sit for about 30 minutes.
- Bring a stockpot of water to a boil, add the spaghetti, and simmer until it is
al dente. Drain the water from the spaghetti, leaving just a little moisture. Return
it to the still hot stockpot in which it was cooked.
- Quickly heat the reserved sauce in the microwave, then pour it over the spaghetti.
- Add the cilantro, green part of the scallions, parsley and cheeses; toss, then serve
with a green salad.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Pasta Recipes