- 1 (12 ounce) package egg noodles
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 small can chopped black olives, drained
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil (basilico) or 1/2 cup loosely- packed chopped fresh basil
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Cook noodles according to directions on the package. Drain and keep hot.
- Soften cream cheese and stir in olives. Stir cream cheese mixture into hot noodles,
continuing to stir until cheese has completely melted.
- Melt butter; add basil, salt and pepper. Stir into noodles.
- Place in a 2-quart casserole and bake for 20 to 30 minutes.