Pasta with Browned Butter-Asparagus Sauce
I love browned butter sauce. I sometimes omit the asparagus and lemon juice and
just serve pasta with the browned butter. That's delicious too, and it is also
served that way at the Spaghetti Company restaurants.
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 pound pasta*
- 1/2 cup (8 tablespoons) butter
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup freshly shredded Parmesan cheese
- Kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
* Spaghetti, penne or whatever pasta you have on hand
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the asparagus and boil
until bright green, about 2 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, remove the asparagus from the pot and transfer
to a colander to drain off excess water.
- Add the pasta to the pot of boiling water and cook according to package
directions until the pasta is al dente.
- In a separate, large pot, melt the butter over medium heat. Continue to
cook, stirring occasionally, until golden-brown and nutty in aroma. Add the minced garlic and cook until
fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Stir the cooked asparagus and penne into the brown butter, tossing to
coat. Continue to cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
- Stir in half of the Parmesan cheese.
- Squeeze the juice from the lemon into the pasta mixture, being careful to
avoid any seeds.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Top with lemon zest and the remaining Parmesan cheese, to serve.
Yield: 4 to 6 servings
If you want more sauce than this makes, simply double the butter and garlic.
If you prefer your sauce more lemony, simply add the juice of two lemons.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.