Pasta with Chicken and
Creamy Basil Sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion sliced
- 3/4 pound boneless, skinless
chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 3 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 1 (7 ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained and
sliced into thin strips, optional
- 12 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1/2 cup grated
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil and add onions. Cook until onions
are lightly browned, about 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add chicken and cook
5 minutes, stirring occasionally or until cooked through.
- Stir in milk and basil and heat just to a boil. Reduce heat and add cream cheese
and roasted peppers, stirring frequently until cream cheese melts and sauce is smooth.
- Stir in parmesan cheese into sauce mixing well.
- Cook pasta, and drain.
- Toss hot pasta and sauce together.
Makes 6 servings.
Posted by bettyboop50 at recipegoldmine.com.