Pasta with Chicken, Sausages and Peppers
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- 1/2 pound fresh hot or mild Italian sausage links, sliced
- 2 red, yellow, or green sweet peppers, cut into thin strips
- 1 medium onion, cut into wedges
- 1 (16 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 cup dry red or white wine
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup tomato juice or water
- 3 cups hot cooked pasta
- Cut chicken into thin bite-size strips; set aside.
- In a 12-inch skillet cook sausage for 5 minutes, stirring to brown on all sides.
Remove from skillet, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings.
- In same skillet cook chicken for 2 to 3 minutes or until browned; remove from
- Cook sweet peppers and onion wedges in remaining drippings for 3 minutes.
- Return sausage and chicken to skillet; add undrained tomatoes, wine, Italian
seasoning, salt, and black pepper. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer
for 10 minutes.
- Stir cornstarch into tomato juice or water; stir into skillet. Cook and stir
until mixture is thickened and bubbly; cook and stir for 2 minutes more.
- Serve sauce over penne, fettuccine or linguine pasta.
Makes 4 servings.