Pasta with Red Clam Sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 (10 ounce) can whole baby clams
- 1 (28 to 32 ounce) can Italian style tomatoes, cut
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon anchovy paste (optional)
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium/low heat and cook garlic for 30 seconds.
- Add black and red pepper and cook for 30 seconds more.
- Drain clams, reserving juice and set aside.
- Add clam juice and undrained tomatoes to skillet.
- Stir in parsley, basil and anchovies paste if using. Bring to a boil
and reduce heat. Simmer uncovered 30 to 35 minutes.
- Stir in clams and serve over pasta.
Posted by artsycook at recipegoldmine.com.
Source: Recipe by Lisa Stapor (artsycook)