Pasta with Sage Sauce
- 1/2 cup light cream
- 1/2 teaspoon sage
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 small bunch broccoli, florets only
- 1 (8 ounce) package pasta
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Ground pepper, to taste
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat cream with sage over low heat to reduce liquid slightly, about 5 minutes.
- Add butter. When melted, add broccoli. Cover and cook.
- While preparing broccoli, cook pasta until al dente.
- Drain and immediately toss with sauce, 1/2 cup Parmesan and pepper.
- Pass remaining Parmesan cheese.