Pasta San Guiseppi
- 1 medium cauliflower head
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves sliced garlic
- 1/3 cup toasted bread
- Black pepper to taste
- Red pepper flakes (optional)
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.
- Place whole cauliflower in 6 quarts salted water, bring to a boil and cook until
tender, about 5 minutes.
- Remove cauliflower from pot, but do not discard water.
- Return water to a boil and cook pasta.
- While pasta is cooking, heat olive oil
and vegetable oil in skillet until it starts to sizzle.
- Remove pan from heat and
- Drain most of water off pasta leaving it just a bit drippy, transfer to a large
- Break cauliflower into florets and combine with pasta, garlicky oil,
black pepper and red pepper flakes.
- Top with toasted bread crumbs.
Serves 6 to 8.
Nutrition values per serving: 556 calories, 32 g fat, 58 g carbohydrates,
9 g fiber, 11 g protein, 0 cholesterol, 107 mg sodium