Pasta Shell Tacos
- 18 dried jumbo pasta shells
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 1/4 pounds ground beef
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 (16 ounce) jar salsa
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Garnish: chopped tomatoes and sliced olives
- Cook pasta shells according to package directions. Drain and toss with butter.
- Brown ground beef in a skillet. Drain off fat.
- Stir in cream cheese and chili powder until combined. Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- Divide beef mixture evenly between the pasta shells.
- Spread 1/2 cup salsa in the bottom of a greased 2-quart rectangular baking dish.
- Arrange filled shells in dish.
- Spoon remaining salsa over the shells.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees F for 15 minutes. Uncover and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake for 15 more minutes.
- Sprinkle with chopped tomatoes and sliced ripe olives.
Yield: 6 servings