Pasta, Shrimp and Cheese Bake
- 12 ounces angel hair pasta
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 3/4 cup (8 ounces)
plain low-fat yogurt
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) shredded
- 1 teaspoon dried, crushed basil
- 1 teaspoon dried, crushed oregano
- 1 (16 ounce) jar mild, thick and chunky salsa
- 3/4 pound medium shrimp,
peeled and deveined
- 3/4 cup shredded Monterey jack cheese
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- In a medium bowl, combine eggs, milk, yogurt, feta cheese, Swiss cheese, basil
and oregano; mix well.
- Spread 1/2 of the pasta on the bottom of an 8 x 12-inch baking dish coated with
- Spread salsa over pasta.
- Place 1/2 of the shrimp over salsa.
with remaining pasta.
- Pour egg mixture over the pasta; layer with remaining shrimp.
- Sprinkle Monterey Jack cheese over the top.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until bubbly.
- Let stand for 10 minutes.
Nutrition: Each serving provides approximately: 428 calories; 31 g protein;
42 g carbohydrates; 1 g fiber; 14 g fat (8 g saturated); 230 mg cholesterol; 22
mcg folate; 2 mg iron; 1813 mg sodium
Recipe and photo credit: Wheat Foods Council.