Pasta with Tequila
Lime Cream Sauce
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1/2 cup tequila
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups plus 2 tablespoons cream
- 1 shallot, finely minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced or pressed
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 12 ounces fettuccine pasta
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- 4 diced Roma tomatoes
- Grilled chicken, shrimp or salmon
- Combine garlic and shallot with tequila, lime juice and vinegar. Cook until reduced to about 1/4 cup. Add cream and cook until reduced by half. Strain out garlic and shallot if desired. Return sauce to heat and whisk in butter.
- Mix cornstarch with 1 tablespoon water until smooth. Whisk into sauce to thicken.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain pasta.
- Add green onions and tomatoes to hot pasta pot and stir.
- Add drained pasta and sauce and mix well.
- Serve garnished with cilantro, if desired.
- You can also top the pasta with grilled chicken, shrimp or salmon for a heartier meal.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.