Make your favorite sugo (pasta sauce) to go over this when you're bored with
serving that basic plate of pasta! REAL COMFORT FOOD! This is really impressive for company. My husband loves it and calls it “Italian
macaroni and cheese." This is also great served with spaghetti sauce.
- 1 pound ricotta cheese
- 1 pound rigatoni, ziti, or mostaccioli pasta
- 2 eggs beaten
- 5 tablespoons Parmesan
- 1/4 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons parsley, fine chop (optional)
- 1/4 cup chopped prosciutto (optional)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 10-inch springform pan.
- Cook pasta until tender. Drain, and keep warm.
- In a medium bowl, combine ricotta and eggs plus 3 tablespoons parmesan (and parsley)
and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine bread crumbs and 2 tablespoons parmesan until blended.
- Toss pasta with butter.
- Layer 1/3 pasta, 1/2 ricotta, 1/3 mozzarella, 1/2 prosciutto and 1/3 breadcrumbs
in the pan.
- Repeat layers, finishing with 1/3 pasta, mozzarella and breadcrumbs.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes (40 to 45 minutes if refrigerated).
- Cool for 10 minutes.
- Run knife around and remove sides of pan to serve.
Posted by artsycook at recipegoldmine.com