Pasta Vegetable Bake
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup sweet red pepper, diced
- 1 cup zucchini, diced
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- Salt and pepper
- 1 (20 ounce) package frozen stuffed shells or manicotti
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Heat oil in saucepan. Add onion, garlic, pepper, zucchini, mushrooms and tomato;
cook until tender, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in chicken broth, tomato sauce and herbs; simmer for 2 minutes, stirring
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Coat shallow 2-quart baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Spread 3/4 cup
sauce on bottom of dish.
- Arrange pasta in dish; cover with remaining sauce.
- Sprinkle cheese over top.
- Cover with foil; bake at 400 degrees F for 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve.
Makes 4 servings.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Pasta Recipes