Paula Deen's Baked Spaghetti
- 2 cups canned diced tomatoes
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup diced onions
- 1/2 cup diced green bell peppers
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 1/2 teaspoons The Lady's House Seasoning (below)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 small bay leaves
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 8 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 1 cup grated Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup grated Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup salt
- 1/4 cup black pepper
- 1/4 cup garlic powder
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Mix ingredients together and store in an airtight container for up to 6 months.
- To make sauce, in a stockpot, combine tomatoes, tomato sauce, water, onions,
peppers, garlic, parsley, seasoning mixtures, sugar and bay leaves. Bring to a boil,
then reduce the heat and simmer, covered, for 1 hour.
- Crumble the ground beef in a saucepan. Cook until no pink remains, then drain
off the fat.
- Add ground beef to the stockpot. Simmer for another 20 minutes.
- While the sauce simmers, cook pasta according to the package directions.
- Cover the bottom of a 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan with sauce.
- Add a layer of pasta, then half
the cheese; repeat the layers, ending with the sauce.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes.
- Top with the remaining cheese, return to
the oven and continue to bake until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Cut into squares to serve.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Pasta Recipes