Pesto Chicken Pasta
This one-dish meal makes dinnertime easy.
- 8 ounces uncooked farfalle (bow tie) pasta
- 2 cups cut-up fresh or frozen Michigan
- 3 cups (12 ounces) cubed, cooked chicken
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- 1 (2.25 ounce) can sliced ripe olives, well drained
- 3/4 cup prepared pesto sauce
- 3 tablespoons freshly shredded or grated Romano
- Cook pasta according to package directions; rinse and drain.
- Steam or microwave asparagus until tender crisp. Drain.
- Combine cooked pasta and asparagus in a large bowl. Stir in chicken, tomatoes,
onion and olives. Gently toss with pesto sauce.
- Serve warm, garnished with cheese.
- Refrigerate leftovers; they make a great lunch.
Makes 6 servings.
1 (14.5-ounce) can Michigan asparagus cuts and tips, well drained, can
be substituted for fresh or frozen asparagus in this recipe. Heat asparagus for
1 to 2 minutes in a microwave before combing with cooked pasta.
Reprinted with permission from
the Michigan Asparagus Advisory Board.