- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 cups egg noodles
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or more, to taste
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 10 to 12 ounces fresh spinach, chopped
- Generous grind of black pepper
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Place milk, noodles, salt and butter in a large, heavy saucepan. Over low heat,
cook noodles in milk, stirring occasionally, until they are softened and the milk
has been almost completely absorbed. The noodles should be very soft and creamy
- In a skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion and cook briefly until
it is softened.
- Stir in the spinach, and cook it until all the leaves are wilted.
- Mix the spinach into the noodles and heat through, sprinkling in the pepper and
nutmeg at the end.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.