Portabella Ravioli with Basil Brown
Butter and Mizithra Cheese
- 8 ounces unsalted butter
- Pinch salt
- Pinch white pepper
- Dash lemon juice
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1 ounce torn fresh basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 pounds Portabella ravioli, cooked and drained
- 1 cup shredded mizithra cheese
- Sprig of parsley
- Sprig of rosemary
- 2 tablespoons diced roasted red bell pepper
- Add the butter to a hot saute pan and heat until it begins to brown.
- Add salt, pepper and a dash of lemon juice just before butter starts to burn.
- Add the spinach, basil, garlic and ravioli, then toss well.
- Add the cheese and toss well until the ravioli is evenly coated with the cheese.
- Gently spoon into a serving bowl with a slotted spoon to prevent an excess of liquid.
- Garnish with the parsley, rosemary and red peppers.