- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 beaten egg
- 2/3 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Romano cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Ravioli: Mix all ingredients together, making a dough, and work until firm. Cut
in two and roll into 2 thin sheets.
- Filling: In a skillet cook onion in butter or margarine until onion is tender
but not brown.
- Squeeze spinach to remove the excess moisture, then add the spinach
to the sauteed onion mixture and heat thorough.
- In mixing bowl combine egg, ricotta, Romano, salt, nutmeg and spinach mixture.
- Place 1 teaspoon of mixture on one of the dough sheets at 2-inch intervals. To
seal the dough, dip your finger into cold water and moisten the dough around each
ricotta mound. Place second sheet over the first and press with fingers around each
mound. Cut into 2-inch squares, making sure that the edges are well sealed.
- Boil water which has been salted, adding a little olive oil to the water to prevent
sticking. Drop the ravioli one by one into the boiling water. Cook only as many
as fit comfortably into the pan. When the ravioli are cooked, they will raise to
the top of the water. Remove with a slotted spoon.
- Serve with spaghetti sauce or with butter and Romano cheese.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Pasta Recipes