Rigatoni "Farina Style"
Dedicated to Johnny Farina of Santo & Johnny
- 1 pound rigatoni cooked al dente
- 1 (28 ounce) can whole tomatoes, crushed by hand
- 2 ounces white wine
- 2 ounces red wine
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4-inch thick sliced Prosciutto diced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Heat oil and butter in large skillet over medium heat.
- Saute onion and garlic until light brown.
- Add prosciutto and saute 1 or 2 minutes more.
- Add the rest of the ingredients except cheese. Lower heat. Simmer sauce
for approximately 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Drain pasta and toss with sauce and grated cheese.
- Serve immediately!
"This is Something To Walk in Your Sleep For!" - Bon Apetit!
Posted by Joyce'S at Recipe Goldmine 8/27/2001 6:12 am.
Source: Cooking For Us
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.