- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup fresh basil, torn into small pieces
- 1 pound shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup olive oil, divided
- 1 pound rigatoni noodles, cooked al dente
- 10 plum tomatoes, diced
- Freshly-ground pepper
- In a skillet, saute garlic in 2 tablespoons olive oil over very low heat until
almost brown; remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, combine peppers, tomatoes, basil, remaining olive oil and garlic;
lightly salt and pepper heavily; stir and cover let set at room temperature for
at least 6 hours.
- When ready to serve, boil water and cook rigatoni until al dente.
- While rigatoni
is cooking, cover tomato mixture with mozzarella cheese and a dash more olive oil;
- Drain pasta and stir into tomato mixture.
- Serve immediately with Garlic