There isn't much "Italian" about this recipe, but it is sure good! This recipe can easily be doubled.
- 8 ounces uncooked spaghetti, broken
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (16 ounce) can creamed corn
- 2 slices bacon, diced
- 1 small onion, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 medium size green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
- 1/2 pound mushrooms, sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups grated strong cheddar cheese, divided
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F. Butter a 9 x 13-inch baking dish. Sprinkle
1/3 of the grated cheese on the bottom. Set aside.
- Cook the spaghetti al dente according to the package directions. Drain
well and rinse, then drain again.
- Cook the bacon until almost crisp. Add the chopped onion, pepper and
mushrooms. Cook, stirring frequently, until all vegetables have softened.
- Add the creamed corn, tomato sauce and tomato soup. Stir well and
bring to a boil.
- Stir in the spaghetti to combine well, season to taste and then pour
into the prepared baking dish. Scatter the remaining cheese over top. Cover
and bake for about 30 minutes.
- Uncover and bake for 10 to 15 minutes longer, until hot and bubbly.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Yield: 8 servings