Santa Fe Chile Pepper Pasta
- 12 ounces chile pepper-flavored fettuccine or penne rigate
- 1/4 cup extra virgin
- 12 ounces chicken breast; julienned
- 1 cup yellow bell pepper,
- 1 cup leeks, sliced
- 1 cup jicama, julienned
- 1 teaspoon garlic,
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 3/4 cup chicken
- 1/3 cup Romano cheese, grated
- Salt, to taste
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil, chicken and pepper in large skillet for 4 minutes.
- Add bell peppers, jicama, garlic, and spices and cook for additional 5 minutes.
- Add chicken broth and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Mix with the hot, drained pasta, sprinkle
with cheese and serve.
Makes 3 dinner or 6 appetizer portions.