Santa Fe Pasta
- 1/2 cup sliced scallions
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium green bell pepper, cut into 2-inch strips
- 1/2 large red bell pepper, cut into 2-inch strips
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2-inch strips
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Dash of cayenne pepper
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/2 pound dry pasta, cooked, drained and kept warm
- Cook scallions and garlic in oil in large skillet over medium-high heat for 1
to 2 minutes.
- Add bell peppers, chicken, salt, chili powder, black pepper and cayenne
pepper; cook for 4 to 5 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Mix small amount of evaporated milk with cornstarch in small bowl. Add to skillet;
stir in remaining milk and cilantro. Mix well. Cook over medium-high heat until
slightly thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Serve over pasta.
Makes 6 servings.