Sausage and Pepper Spaghetti Pie
Sausage and peppers is a tried and true combination that packs a flavorful punch
in everything from sandwiches to pasta, pizza and this one-dish supper. Use about
3 1/2 cups leftover cooked spaghetti if you have it.
- 8 ounces spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 pound Italian sausage, casing removed
- 1 cup thinly sliced green bell pepper
- 1 cup thinly sliced onion wedges
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Rosemary Leaves, finely crushed
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Oregano Leaves
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Thyme Leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (8 ounce) package shredded mozzarella cheese (2 cups), divided
- 8 eggs
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook spaghetti as directed on package. Drain well.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in large ovenproof skillet on medium-high heat. Break up
sausage in skillet.
- Add bell pepper and onion; cook and stir 5 minutes or until sausage is browned.
- Add tomatoes, rosemary, garlic powder, oregano, thyme and salt; cook and stir
for 10 minutes until most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Beat eggs in large bowl. Add spaghetti and 1 cup of the cheese; mix well. Stir
into mixture in skillet. Cook over medium-low heat for 5 minutes or until bottom
- Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup cheese.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until center is just set and cheese is melted.
- Cut into 8 wedges to serve.
Makes 8 servings | Prep Time: 10 min | Cook Time: 30 min
per serving: Calories: 367 Fat: 19 g Carbohydrates: 28 g Cholesterol: 246
mg Sodium: 754 mg Fiber: 2 g Protein: 21 g
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):