Seafood Mac and Cheese
Seafood Mac and Cheese recipe boasts both crab meat and shrimp and two cheeses!
- 2 cups dry elbow macaroni
- 6 ounces crab claw meat
- 8 ounces shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 4 teaspoons butter
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 1 can evaporated milk
- 8 ounces sharp white Cheddar cheese, grated
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup panko rusk
- Heat oven 350 degrees F.
- Cook macaroni according to the package instructions. Drain well and place in a mixing bowl.
- Add sour cream and stir well so that the macaroni is evenly coated.
- Add the crab meat and stir well.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan. Add shrimp. Saute the shrimp until slightly cooked.
- Remove shrimp from skillet. Let cool for about 5 minutes. Add to pasta mixture.
- Add the chopped onion to the skillet and fry until soft. Sprinkle the onion with flour and mix well. Let it cook and brown about 1 minute.
- Add evaporated milk slowly, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens.
- Add grated cheddar cheese, stirring constantly, until the cheese is melted.
- Pour the cheese mixture over the pasta and seafood mixture. Stir well until combined.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour mixture into a greased dish baking.
- Sprinkle with grated mozzarella cheese and breadcrumbs. Sprinkle some paprika over the top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes, or until light brown on top.
>> PASTA RECIPES
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.