Seared Scallop Cavatappi in
Creamy White Wine Sauce
Taking only 20 minutes to make and full of nutrients, this decadent scallop cavatappi
dish only feels like a splurge. We love it for dinner parties and special nights
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 4 ounces cavatappi
- 2 tablespoons/1 ounce vegetable oil
- 1 pound fennel, white part only, thinly sliced
- 20 each/20 ounces “dry” sea scallops
- 1/4 cup/1 ounce finely chopped shallots
- 1/2 cup/4 ounces white wine
- 1/4 cup/2 ounces heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped dill
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Cook the cavatappi according to package directions.
- Drain and reserve.
- Heat a large saute pan over medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon of the oil.
- Add the fennel and season with salt and pepper. Cook, allowing the fennel to
caramelize on one side, about 3 minutes before flipping and doing the same on the
second side. It should be caramelized on the outside and soft on the inside when pierced with a knife.
- Remove from pan.
- Add the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil to the pan. Increase heat to high.
- Season the scallops with salt and pepper.
- Place them in the pan in a single layer. If they don’t fit, do them in 2 batches.
Do not overcrowd the pan.
- Allow scallops to brown on one side (about 1 minute) then flip and brown the
- Remove from pan.
- Add the shallots to the pan and cook until aromatic (about 30 seconds).
- Deglaze the pan with the white wine. Cook down just to take the away the raw
alcohol flavor (about 1 minute).
- Add the cream and cook another minute.
- Stir in the dill.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning.
- Add the pasta and fennel to heat through.
- For each serving, divide the pasta between 4 bowls.
- Place 5 scallops on each plate.
Yield: 4 servings
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
National Pasta Association
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Pasta Recipes