Shrimp Linguine in Tomato
and Feta Sauce
Looking for a unique dish for dinner? This recipe tops shrimp linguine in a garlicky,
tomato sauce with feta cheese! If you’re looking for a dish to impress, you won’t
go wrong with this seafood dish.
- 8 ounces linguine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- red chili pepper flakes to taste
- 1/4 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 4 cups diced fresh tomatoes or 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes*
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deviened
- 1/2 cup feta, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon dill, chopped**
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Bring water to a boil in a large pot and cook the pasta as directed on package.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a pan over medium heat, add the onion and cook until
tender, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the garlic and chili pepper flakes and cook until
fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add the wine and simmer for a few minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and oregano and simmer
until the sauce thickens, about 10 minutes.
- Add the shrimp and and simmer until cooked, about 2-4 minutes.
- Mix in the feta, dill and parsley, season with salt and pepper and serve over
* Option: Add a splash of ouzo or other anise liqueur, along with the tomatoes
or 1/2 teaspoon ground fennel seeds with the garlic and chili pepper flakes, for
a hint of the exotic.
** Option: Use 1 teaspoon dried dill instead of fresh and add to the sauce along
with the oregano.
Tip: Serve with crusty bread to sop up any leftover sauce.
Makes 4 servings. Per serving: 422 calories, 9 g total fat, 3 g saturated
fat, 56 g carbohydrate, 27 g protein, 4 g dietary fiber, 159 mg cholesterol, 880
This National Pasta Month shrimp linguine recipe is from our friend Kevin Lynch
over at Closet Cooking.
Reprinted with permission from
National Pasta Association - pastafits.org.