Shrimp and Mushroom Linguine
- 1/2 pound dried linguine
- 1/4 pound mushrooms
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 pound raw shrimp, shelled and deveined
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling, salted water until tender but still
firm, 7 to 9 minutes. Drain well.
- While the pasta is cooking, slice the mushrooms.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat.
Add the mushrooms and cook, stirring often, until softened and lightly browned,
3 to 4 minutes. Remove to a plate.
- Add the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil
to the frying pan. Add the shrimp and cook, turning occasionally, until pink, firm
and cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, return the mushrooms to the
frying pan and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the cooked pasta to the
frying pan along with the parsley and toss well.
1 Serving: calories 380 total fat 15 g cholesterol 65 mg sodium 220 mg